Saturday 14 March 2009

Usually drink, usually dance, usually BUBBLE!!!

It's been a tough week due to one reason or the other. I had Monday off from work (thanksfully- SM Final finished for me at 7.30 and a day's work would have been tough after that!). Me and Shelley went to lunch and had the inevitable conversation every man has with his wife:

Me: Babe...
Shell: What do you want?
Me: Why would I want anything?
Shell: No point in buttering me up- just tell me what you want it's easier!
Me: I really wanna go Vegas this year.....

Silence.

After much tooing and froing Shelley agreed that I could go Vegas on the proviso I qualify online. I'll be budgeting obviously but really not sure what to play. Might take a crack at a full tilt package this weekend but may also see if I can try some of the softer sites on Boss, ipoker and other networks rather than the major sites.

I've bubbled in 3 major comps this week which is very frustrating. I played qualifiers for GUKPT's and the Irish Open. I'm not too bothered about London to be honest but REALLY wanna try and win a seat to the Irish open. I think there's a decent package on Laddies and a few more on ipoker so I'll certainly be giving them a go! I may put a staking thread on blonde but I think the size of the buy in is too much to garner any interest so probably will leave it. Even though I've won a big score I don't want to waste the money chasing a big win- I'm mangaing my bankroll better than ever and want to keep it that way.

I woke up Weds morning to hear the sound of Shelley being sick in the toilet. Nice! She had caught some sort of virus- maybe the novo bug but the upshot of it was she was having the day in bed and I get to stay at home with the kids. Easy life! Fire up some poker whilst playing with the kids! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

Or not. I ended up having Thurs off as well and if there's one thing I've learnt it's I'm NEVER being a house husband. Looking after 4 kids was tough enough- Ace needs constant attention. He's in between stages (wants to crawl but can't) and get frustrated easily and cries. You literally have to keep him amused all day. Rio was at his whingy best- school really tires him out and if he doesn't get his own way he'll let you know what he thinks about it in no uncertain terms!

Esme and Kieran have their moments but overall they were a great help. I have never been so tired in my life and actuaklly bounced out of bed for work on Friday. All that I didn't do any housework!!! It certainly makes me appreciate the job Shelley does. I jokingly refer to her job at home as a permananet holiday but not no more. Give me the 9-5 grind anyday!!!

Poker Ambitions

I thought I'd document a few of my poker aims for 2009. In no particular order:

Win a GUKPT title (and become the first to win a GUKPT and GCBPT crown)
Win an APAT tourney (Live or online)
Play in a matchroom 6 seater on TV (UK poker open etc etc)
Play in the WSOP Main Event in 2009

All very lofty goals but all attainable I think.

Anyway that's all from me. No more bubbling please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I work from home so have a 2 year old running round like a lunatic all day! I used to think that being a stay at home mum or dad would be pretty cool but sometimes I miss the office just so i can get away and hide!