Thursday 22 January 2009

10 rebuy win

Woke up Friday morning and left Brighton around 12pm- home by 2pm and the whole family were pretty tired. The mrs could see how disappointed I was so gave the green light for some online poker. I had around 1k on stars having cashed our 5k the week before (afetr coming forth in the daily 80k) Busto on tilt so just played stars.

I played:

50$ daily 80k
22$ heads up (a tourney I hadn't played for a while)
10rebuy on stars

I think I also played a few low buy in freezeouts. At about 11pm I was only left in the 10r and was one tabling. It can be a grind sometimes but I do think that playing too many games can hinder my game. Obv I use a hud but working with just those stats can be misleading.

I play rebuys quite often and like the fact it gives you time to play and build a stack. Dependant on what mood Im in will determine how much I spend on buy ins! My mates will know I have a tendency of approaching rebuys the same way:

- Set myself a spending limit
- Spending at least 3 times that amount after losing one pot

I remember one time going to play the 20 rebuy at broadway, I was speaking to my mate Sat and we decided to limit ourselves to 60 quid. Maybe 80 max. £180 quid later at the break I have the minimum chipstack tilting off my money after getting outdrawn. All's end that ends well as I ended up splitting it and taking 1200. Gamble FTW!

Back to the 10r, I had 43k at the break and only in for 30$ Obv very happy- I had some big hands in the rebuy period- crucially they held up. I ended up winning for 14k and change. My biggest ever cash online in a normal buy in MTT and also the biggest field I've bested- 2592 runners!

Obviously you need your fair share of luck in these fields and I sucked out in one cruicial pot against an aggro cl who had opened with AK- I shoved with AQ and spiked a Q on the turn to take the chip lead with 65 left..

On the final I played a more conservative game than I would usually employ. I think obv aggression is important in hold em but sometimes you can get obsessed with playing for the win. This has resulted me in being TOO aggro and busting out 4th, 5th, 7th etc etc etc. I think changing gears in poker is more important than out and out aggression and I did this particularly well. Cranking it up 4 handed. I went into heads up with a 2/1 deficit but played really well (I usually suck heads up) I got lucky in one spot where I flatted with AA pre the money going all in on a 10 2 8 flop. Wasn't until the Jack on the turn that I realised I didnt have the best hand- my opp had opened the button with 10 2. Fist pumping was order of the day when another Jack hit the river.

1 comment:

amcgrath1uk said...

haha nice one

you forgot one important thing..

THE RAIL!!!

well done again sir